Sunday, March 22, 2015

xs 650 Bratstyle

Had some time last weekend to get my xs ready for the season.  I wanted to change a few things up so i got rid of that little sissy bar, and made a simple bracket to mount the tail light to the fender.  Then i had to make a simple license plate bracket and made it mount to the bracket that the old sissy bar was mounted to.  I took off the rusty exhaust and used my tubing sander to sand down the welds smooth.  I revealed a few pinholes that ill have to weld up with the tig soon, but they arent through holes.

I also made a new stainless intake manifold to replace the prototype manifold i made for this bike a couple years ago.  Runs much better with this current style manifold.

Cant wait for the snow to clear and have a decent enough day to get out on this thing...